22 October 2006

Meebo

Meebo is one of my favorite new discoveries. This innovative company has been around for just over a year, but already they are growing by leaps and bounds.

Meebo allows you to log-in to your instant messaging account directly from their website. This means that no matter where you have access to the internet, you can IM without having to download and install the software for your particular messaging client. So if you just sat down at a public computer and it doesn't have, say, MSN Messenger installed, a quick visit to Meebo and you can be messaging in no time.

What does this mean? Well, some people who are not me like to use it when they are at work. That way, they can message while at their work computer, but without needing all the messy software that might make an employer/supervisor suspicious...

Meebo is still quite new, so when using it, you won't have all the bells and whistles that your messaging client probably has - it has its limitations. But the basic service is a great one!

Meebo also let me embed this widget (look right - you'll see that I've been creative with his name) in my blog so that when you come to visit you can chat with me right from here if you see that I'm online.

How long until Google snaps this up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home